How do you clean up in the service industry?
To attract new customers, retain current customers and try to win back former customers.
Holland segmented Widmer’s database into three targeted groups and crafted a custom message for each group. The messages were playful enough to capture the prospect’s attention, yet sincere enough to reflect Widmer’s unmatched quality and superior customer service.
– Executed a Best Customer Profile on Widmer’s customer database.
– Created a strategic and targeted direct mail campaign, which included a series of three $10 off coupons.
While industry standards view a 2% direct mail response rate as successful, responses doubled (4.85%) for current Widmer’s customers, tripled (6.85%) for lost customers, and quadrupled (8.35%) for new customers, all within 30 days.
How can a local carpet cleaning company increase sales and expand market share with a limited marketing budget?
To build the carpet cleaning business, which is primarily known for its dry cleaning services, with a limited marketing budget.
Holland created an effective marketing plan to target Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky, and Dayton.
– Developed 10 and 30 second television spots, produced by Holland using existing video.
– Created a double truck yellow page ad, with placement at the beginning of the Carpet and Rug Cleaners section.
– Produced strategic ads for Reach magazine with coupon offers.
– Repositioned the Widmer’s brand, replacing photos of the Widmer’s truck with warmer, more personable images of women and children.
Widmer’s residential carpet cleaning sales increased by 41%, almost immediately.