How do we launch a new publication and make it successful in an over-saturated market targeting adults 18–34?
Holland helped brand CiN Weekly and successfully position it in the market.
– Helped with brand development, including creating the CiN Weekly name.
– Designed the logo.
– Developed the tag line, “For a good time…”
– Designed the cover for the first publication and the format for future issues.
– Developed a targeted media buy.
– Planned a two-week teaser campaign, using Metro buses, indoor signage and newspaper ads to create early interest.
– Launched an integrated campaign on transit, outdoor boards, indoor signage, print and radio.
– Established a relationship with WCPO-TV to preview each week’s current issue.
– Developed a promotion with local coffee houses titled ‘CiN Weekly Caffeine Fix.’ The customer received free coffee, a custom printed coffee sleeve and a copy of the publication, compliments of CiN Weekly.
CiN Weekly reported the launch as the most successful in Gannett Company history. CiN Weekly surpassed their original goal of 60,000 magazine circulations by 20,000 copies within two weeks, with ad sales surpassing the original goal by 28% within 60 days.