With very little brand recognition, Belcan needed to create awareness for the service it provides and wanted to drive traffic to its booth for the 1992 Interphex Trade Show. With representatives from 100 pharmaceutical companies attending the show, their objective was to engage key decision makers from these companies and provide them with information.
– A direct mail piece was created, targeting key decision makers.
– To drive these prospects to the booth where a $25 American Express gift card was given with the direct mail piece.
– With the high concentration of core customers at the convention, the $25 incentive provided a high return based on the fact that it was less than 10% of the average sales call.
– Belcan received an 85% response at the booth and a $2.5 million order within 8 months
– With a $7,500 investment and the resulting $25 million order, the ROI was 333%, plus other relationships built on initial contracts made at the convention.