With so many options for advertising today, television is still one of the best options to get your message to potential customers. Television still has the largest potential reach of any medium. Here are some of the facts about television –
- 98% of all homes have at least one TV, and there are more television sets in America than people!
- Television can influence purchases at every level of the buying funnel.
- Television programs can target a variety of demographics – with pinpoint accuracy.
- It’s intrusive, but with the right message can capture your audience’s attention!
- Television is still considered the most engaging, entertaining method of advertising.
With facts like these, it’s no wonder our clients come to us with the misconception that the more television spots you buy, the better, and in many cases that’s what they’ve been led to believe. It’s understandable to think that if you pepper the airways with your message over and over, eventually enough of your potential customer base will hear your message and be influenced to take action.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the case. Many of our clients are surprised to hear that less really can be more – when you have the right strategy that delivers your message to your target audience. It’s not about the number of spots you buy; it’s about the number of potential viewers within your target audience that will be watching the program during your spot. Television shows are rated by viewership, and also by the demographic of the viewers. When you purchase a spot during a show that hits your demo, you’re maximizing the amount of potential viewers.
With the right media buy, you’ll get biggest ROI on your marketing investment. Our media buyer has decades of experience creating strategic media plans that deliver results.
Here is her advice about what NOT to do when creating a TV campaign:
- Create a campaign that doesn’t communicate your brand, a clear message or a call to action.
- Develop creative and media strategy without knowing your target audience – your ideal customer.
- Spend advertising dollars without a clear goal. Without a quantifiable goal, you’ll never know if your efforts are effective.
- Not having enough frequency to influence your audience or spreading your spots too thin among many different demographics.
- Hurrying through the buying process without negotiating rates. Rates vary from station to station, and you need to compare the reach of each program versus the cost.
- Not buying early or having a solid media plan. You WILL spend more money, and may NOT get the spots you want.
- Not monitoring your invoices – mistakes happen and you may be charged for spots that didn’t run as ordered. You may find spots running during the wrong program, on the wrong night or they may be running the wrong spot.
With the right strategy, TV can grow your business and with the right media plan, you can get an incredible return on your investment. By knowing your target audience, and creating a strategy that delivers your message to them, you can maximize your marketing dollars.
Get help from Holland. We can plan a media strategy that can generate new customers, leads, referrals, and best of all, loyal customers that love your brand. Visit HollandAdvertising.com or call Bryan Holland at 513.744.3001.